UV treated lens blocks all harmful U.V. rays up to 400 nm while allowing the visible light to go through.
- 200 + UV treated lenses per packet
- AR compatible
- Clear formula
- Long lasting
- No boilovers
- 3 minute treatment for 96% UV absorption
- 5 minute treatment for97% UV absorption
A super concentrated liquid formula for making CR-39 lenses capable of absorbing ultraviolet radiation up to 400 nm in a simple treatment process. This formula is compatible with Anti-Reflection coatings, tinting, scratch resistance coating processes, and comes in 4 fl. oz. bottles. It is the economy version of OptiSafe I with sightly slower absorbing rate and lower yield.
UV treat lenses easily by dipping the lenses into UV solution heated to 205-210°F (96-99°C) for 3-8 minutes.
For further detailed instructions refer to UV instructions on the container.
4 fl. oz. (118ml) concentrate bottle (Item#C340),
4 fl. oz. (118ml) concentrate bottle w/Scratch Resistance
• Equipment Needed:
1. One or more tanks in your dye heating unit can be allocated to heat the UV formula. An indirect heating unit utilizing heat transfer fluid is strongly recommended (e.g., Phantom Heating System). Any direct heating unit must incorporate stirring action to become suitable for heating the UV formula.
2. Clean lens holder. Lens holder used for UV treatment should not be dipped in other solutions to prevent cross contamination.